1. His expenditure on holidays and luxuries is rather high in __ with his income.
A comparison B proportion C association D calculation
2. The President made his last public __ before his term of office ended.
3. There is no much time left, so I’ll tell you about it__.
A in detail B in brief C in short D in all
4. The population is leveling __ in the area as a result of family planning.
A with B off C up D against
5. The rain was heavy and __ the land was flooded.
1．选A ①in comparison with与……比较起来（可比相同点或不同点）The tallest buildings in London are small in comparison with those of New York. ②in proportion to与……成比例 The insolence of the vulgar is in proportion to their ignorance: they treat everything with contempt which they do not understand. ③in association with 与……联合，与……共同 They finished the work in association with their friends.
2．选A make one’s last appearance 最后一次露面
3．选B ①in brief简短地，简言之 This, in brief, is the answer to the argument.②in short 总之，用在表总结的场合 You can’t make me! I won’t do it! In short, no!
4．选B ①level off达到平衡，稳定 Prices leveled off after the inflation ended.
②level with和……一样，坦率诚实地对待 She leveled with him and felt better for it.③level up 使……升高，到同一个平面上，提高We should level the output of our factory up to that of the advanced. ④level against对某人提出（控告）Some of the criticisms leveled against us are not altogether fair.